The Bank of England aims to be a socially responsible employer through encouraging its staff to be involved in community initiatives and by recognising their involvement. We aim to achieve this by:
- Encouraging staff to become involved in community initiatives both through their own efforts and through a range of programmes managed by the Bank;
- Focussing donations on organisations that are supported by staff (within the Bank's charitable giving criteria);
- Supporting the local community links of the Bank's regional Agencies;
- Providing benefits in kind to the voluntary sector where Bank resources allow;
- Reporting to Court on our work with the community annually and reviewing our community involvement policy every three years.
In implementing this policy the Bank aims:
- To provide developmental opportunities for staff;
- To contribute to building staff motivation and morale, aiding
recruitment and retention of staff.
- To promote community initiatives that will contribute to the Bank's Diversity Strategy.