The Money Markets Committee (MMC) is a senior-level forum for market participants and the relevant UK public authorities to discuss issues concerning the UK unsecured deposits and funding market, the securities lending market and the repo market.
The MMC is chaired by the Bank of England.
The Committee meets quarterly and also has two permanent sub-committees: the UK Money Markets Code Sub-Committee and the Securities Lending Committee.
Objectives of the Money Markets Committee
- To discuss important domestic and global market or structural developments affecting the UK money, repo and securities lending markets.
- Where appropriate, to propose responses to any issues identified.
- To aid understanding and enhance monitoring of the functioning of the UK money markets.
- To endorse and facilitate continuing market-wide adoption of the UK Money Markets Code, a voluntary code of good practice for the money and securities financing markets.
- To identify and address any high-level issues concerning contingency planning in the UK money markets and payment systems, having regard to international developments.
Terms of Reference for the Money Markets Committee
Membership of the Money Markets Committee
Minutes of Money Markets Committee meetings
The minutes of the first MMC meeting (23 March 2017) will be agreed at the following meeting (4 July 2017) and published shortly after.
Securities Lending Committee
The Securities Lending Committee (SLC) is a sub-committee of the Money Markets Committee. The SLC is chaired by a market participant.
It is a senior-level forum for market participants and the relevant UK public authorities to meet to discuss issues concerning the UK securities lending market, including all collateral activities.
Objectives of the Securities Lending Committee
- To discuss important domestic and global market or structural developments affecting the UK securities lending market.
- To discuss legal, regulatory, trading, settlement, infrastructure, tax, disclosure and other related developments in this market.
- Where appropriate, it will propose responses to these issues.
- To aid the understanding and enhance the monitoring of the functioning of this market
Terms of Reference for the Securities Lending Committee
Money Markets Liaison Committee and Securities Lending and Repo Committee
The Money Markets Committee was formed in March 2017 to replace previous markets committees, the Money Markets Liaison Committee (MMLC) and Securities Lending and Repo Comittee (SLRC).