Skip to main content
  • This website sets cookies on your device. To find out more about how we use cookies please refer to our Privacy and Cookie Policy. By continuing to use the site, we’ll assume that you are content for us to set these on your device.
  • Close
Home > Prudential Regulation Authority > Credit unions - Financial returns

Credit unions - Financial returns

Updates Rules and legislation |  Depositor protection Financial returns Other forms | Statistics | Authorisation and registration | Resources | Pre 2016 updates

The Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) is responsible for the prudential regulation of credit unions.

This page provides information on the reporting requirements for credit unions, including: 

  • forms and notes;
  • how to submit returns - BEEDS portal;
  • contact information;
  • reporting to the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).

Forms and notes

Quarterly return (form CQ)

The quarterly return (form CQ) should be submitted within one month of the end of the quarter to which it relates.

Form CQ - Updated 10 March 2017

Annual return (form CY)

The annual return (form CY) and audited annual accounts should be submitted within six months of a credit union's financial year end.

For credit unions offering interest-bearing shares confirmation must be submitted after each financial year end as outlined in Credit Unions Act 1979, Section 7(A)(A) and (2).

Form CY - Updated 10 March 2017 


Credit unions should refer to the notes below when completing their returns.

Notes on completing the quarterly and annual returns (CQ and CY).

How to submit returns - BEEDS portal

Credit unions must use the Bank of England's Electronic Data Submission (BEEDS) portal to submit returns. See the 'BEEDS - Credit unions' webpage for more information.

Contact for credit unions reporting

If you have any further queries on regulatory reporting for credit unions, please contact the Firm Enquiries Team:

Phone: 020 3461 7000  

Regulatory reporting to the FCA

Credit unions that report the Mortgage Lenders and Administrators Return (MLAR) do so via the GABRIEL system.

Credit unions should send their complaints reports and Product Sales Data (PSD) reporting to the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).

Visit the FCA’s website for more information (see External Links).