Our Asset Purchase Facility buys financial assets, such as government bonds, with the aim of improving liquidity in credit markets.
In the interests of openness and transparency, we publish a quarterly report on the transactions carried out as part of the Asset Purchase Facility. The reports are published shortly after the end of each quarter.
Key points from the 2016 Q4 Asset Purchase Facility Report
During 2016 Q4:
- Gilt transactions to the value of £34.4 billion took place.
- Corporate bond transactions to the value of £4.9 billion took place.
- The total amount of loans made through the Term Funding Scheme, less redemptions, was £20.7 billion.
- Nominal gilt yields rose on average by around 36 basis points.
- Sterling investment-grade non-financial corporate bond spreads widened slightly.
- Gross corporate bond issuance by UK private non-financial corporations (PNFCs) in 2016 Q4 was higher than in 2015 Q4 and higher than the 2003 to 2008 Q4 average.
Change the filter dates below to view previous releases.