What we do
RD is responsible for preparing for and managing the resolution of failed banks and other financial institutions under the UK’s statutory Special Resolution Regime. We set standards to ensure that firms are ready to be resolved, and hold them to account for meeting them.
RD’s work is crucial to delivering the Bank’s Strategic Priority 2 (‘Proactively prepare for emerging risks in the financial system’), and is highly visible to the Governor and his Senior Leadership Team. RD provides opportunities to make a real difference, both domestically and internationally.
What might I work on?
- Analysis of how prepared firms are for resolution. Work with firms to continually improve their preparedness.
- Development and implementation of policy standards to ensure that firms are ready to be resolved.
- Maintenance and development of the Bank’s own practical readiness to execute a resolution.
- International engagement to help shape global standards on resolution.
- Advice and support to HM Treasury to help them keep the statutory resolution regime up to date.
- Testing and exercising involving senior Bank staff and other authorities to ensure that we remain ready to co-ordinate a resolution.
- Helping the Bank prepare to provide emergency liquidity assistance to firms, should the need arise.
Why should I apply?
RD is an exciting place to work, where it is possible to learn rapidly from a wide range of colleagues and situations. It is a highly dynamic area of around 110 people from a diverse range of personal and professional backgrounds including policy analysis, project management, supervision, central banking, economics, professional services (accounting, law, banking, credit rating agencies), and the public sector. Our growing team reflects the broad range of issues we confront.