1. Reclassification of housing associations to private non-financial corporations (effective from April 2018 reporting)
In November 2017, the Office for National Statistics (ONS) announced a decision to reverse the recent reclassification of “private registered providers of social housing in England (PRPs”) to the public sector, and to return them to the private non-financial corporations sub-sector. Following the announcement, we can now confirm that reporters are required to reclassify PRPs of social housing in England from public non-financial corporations to private non-financial corporations from April 2018 data, to be reported in May 2018. For quarterly forms, the reclassification comes into effect for Q2 data, to be reported in July/August 2018.
Please note that reporters should continue to record Welsh, Scottish and Northern Irish registered social landlords as private non-financial corporations.
If the reclassification results in changes of more than £10 million then please email email@example.com with the details.
For further information, please see the ONS website.
A list of PRPs in England is available under ‘public non-financial corporations’.
If you have any queries relating to these changes, please contact the Money and Credit Group (Tel. +44 (0) 207 601 5361, DSD_MS@bankofengland.co.uk).
2. Buy-to-let collection: update to definitions and FAQs.
The buy-to-let definitions have been updated to provide further clarity following feedback and discussion with reporters. There are four changes and these relate to:
- Interest Rates: Clarification of definition (effective from phase 2, 2018 Q1 reporting)
- Let-to-Buy: Correction to the validation BV023 (applicable to phase 2, 2018 Q1 reporting)
- House purchase approvals (aggregated memo item): Correction of definition (effective from phase 2, 2018 Q1 reporting)
- Lender Fee Amount: Correction of definition (applicable to phase 3, 2018 Q3 reporting)
A full list of the definitions are available on the 'New and upcoming' section of the Data collection page.
If you have any questions or difficulties in reporting these changes please contact DSD_btl_consultation@bankofengland.co.uk
3. Green Notice (nil return)