What you need to know
- There is no charge for the visit or talk
- This offer is only open to state secondary schools, sixth-form colleges and further education colleges in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- We give priority to schools who have not had a visit from us before but may consider more than one visit if we have capacity
How to organise a visit
1. Decide which of the talks we offer is most suitable for your class or year group.
You may want to bring a number of classes together or ask our Bank Ambassador to address an assembly.
2. Complete our online request form.
We will find a suitable Bank Ambassador and introduce you to them by email so you can liaise with them directly. Waiting times vary and we cannot always guarantee your preferred date(s).
3. Respond to our emails promptly.
If we do not hear from you within two weeks, we may need to cancel the visit.
4. Confirm the date and time of the visit with the Bank Ambassador.
5. Let the Bank Ambassador know your objectives.
For example, is it to support a particular subject area or to give a general overview as part of the careers programme? Please give details about the age of your students so we can tailor the talk.
6. Prepare your students.
Tell your students about the visit. Ask them to think of questions they’d like to ask. If possible, share these questions with the Bank Ambassador in advance.
7. Confirm the logistics.
The Bank Ambassador is likely to have a digital presentation so please consider this when selecting a venue.
Please arrange for yourself or a colleague to meet them when they arrive at your school. Our staff do not have Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) clearance so you cannot leave them on their own with students.
8. Tell us if there are any changes.
If you have any questions, or need to cancel or change your visit please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
On the day
9. Introduce the Bank Ambassador to your staff and students and remain with them to ensure the session runs smoothly. Please allow enough time. We suggest they give a 15-30 minute talk followed by 15-30 minutes of questions and discussion.
10. Please share your experience of your visit on Twitter and Facebook using #BoESchoolTalks.
After the visit
11. Consider follow-up lessons relating to the curriculum or careers.
12. Your feedback is important. Please complete the online evaluation we will send you.
Terms and conditions
By completing our request form you are agreeing to our terms and conditions. We do our best to honour our bookings but we cannot guarantee against staff unavailability, illness, adverse weather conditions, transport problems, or other factors beyond our reasonable control.
If we cannot complete a planned visit, we will tell you as soon as possible and offer you the opportunity to make alternative arrangements.
If you can no longer host the scheduled visit, please tell us as soon as possible to allow us to either cancel the visit or reschedule it for a later date.