Money Markets Committee
The Money Markets Committee (MMC) is a senior-level forum for market participants and the relevant UK public authorities to discuss issues concerning the UK unsecured deposits and funding market, the securities lending market and the repo market.
The MMC is chaired by the Bank of England.
The committee meets quarterly and also has two permanent sub-committees: the UK Money Markets Code Sub-Committee and the Securities Lending Committee.
Objectives of the Money Markets Committee
- To discuss important domestic and global market or structural developments affecting the UK money, repo and securities lending markets.
- Where appropriate, to propose responses to any issues identified.
- To aid understanding and enhance monitoring of the functioning of the UK money markets.
- To endorse and facilitate continuing market-wide adoption of the UK Money Markets Code, a voluntary code of good practice for the money and securities financing markets.
- To identify and address any high-level issues concerning contingency planning in the UK money markets and payment systems, having regard to international developments.