During 2016 Q2:
- Nominal gilt yields fell across the curve, by an average of around 48 basis points.
- A significant amount of the gilts purchased via the Facility continue to be made available for on-lending to the market through the gilt lending arrangement with the DMO.
- The average daily aggregate value of gilts lent by the APF to the DMO during the three months to 30 June 2016 was £0.1 billion.
- Sterling investment-grade non-financial corporate bond spreads increased slightly in 2016 Q2.
- Gross issuance of corporate bonds by UK private non-financial corporations (PNFCs) in 2016 Q2 was lower than in 2015 Q2 but higher than the 2003–08 Q2 average.