Engagement with CHAPS users
The Bank hosts a Strategic Advisory Forum and a Service User Group for those with an interest in CHAPS.
- The Strategic Advisory Forum is a small focused group to discuss, and provide feedback and advice on, the strategic direction of CHAPS with the Bank. It is chaired by Kevin Brown, one of the independent members of the CHAPS/RTGS Board and will meet 4 times a year initially.
We are currently inviting expressions of interest for members of the Strategic Advisory Forum. We are aiming to complete the process for finalising membership by early March 2018.
- We are looking for 10-12 members, drawn from banks, other financial institutions, payment service providers and end-users.
- Individuals should be senior, experienced executives with a good understanding of the broad interests of their respective constituencies.
- Collectively, members should bring a diverse set of perspectives – including product, cash/liquidity management, risk and oversight of operations.
- We welcome interest from individuals who will offer candid advice and robust challenge.
- Membership will be in an individual capacity, not as a representative of a specific organisation.
- The RTGS Renewal Programme’s External Advisory Body will continue to be the primary forum for input to the renewal programme.
For further information, or to register your interest, please contact email@example.com.
- The Service User Group is open to all interested organisations such as direct and indirect participants, end-users and relevant trade associations. The Service User Group presents an opportunity to hear first-hand about delivery of the CHAPS system including benefits, risk reduction, and innovation. We also welcome input from service users in these areas to help us understand how we can support users.
If you wish to join the Service User Group please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Board minutes from the CHAPS Clearing Company (the previous operator) are available through The National Archives or via email@example.com
The National Archives