During 2016 Q3:
- Nominal gilt yields fell across the curve, by an average of around 20 basis points.
- A significant amount of the gilts purchased via the Facility continue to be made available for on-lending to the market through the gilt lending arrangement with the DMO.
- The average daily aggregate value of gilts lent by the APF to the DMO during the three months to 30 September 2016 was £0.5 billion.
- Sterling investment-grade non-financial corporate bond spreads decreased in 2016 Q3.
- Gross issuance of corporate bonds by UK private non-financial corporations (PNFCs) in 2016 Q3 was higher than in 2015 Q3 and higher than the 2003–08 Q3 average.