During 2016 Q4:
- Gilt transactions to the value of £34.4 billion took place during the quarter.
- Corporate bond transactions to the value of £4.9 billion took place in the quarter.
- The total amount of loans made through the Term Funding Scheme since the drawdown window opened on 19 September 2016 until 28 December 2016, less redemptions, was £20.7 billion.
- Nominal gilt yields rose on average by around 36 basis points.
- Sterling investment-grade non-financial corporate bond spreads widened slightly.
- Gross issuance of corporate bonds by UK private non-financial corporations (PNFCs) in 2016 Q4 was higher than in 2015 Q4 and higher than the 2003–08 Q4 average.