Key points from the 2017 Q3 Asset Purchase Facility Report
During 2017 Q3:
- The APF made £10.1 billion of gilt purchases.
- No corporate bond purchases took place during the quarter.
- Nominal gilt yields rose on average, by around 8 basis points.
- Sterling investment-grade non-financial corporate bond spreads were little changed in 2017 Q3.
- Gross issuance of corporate bonds by UK private non-financial corporations (PNFCs) in 2017 Q3 was higher than in 2016 Q3 and higher than the 2003–08 Q3 average.