Key points from the 2017 Q4 Asset Purchase Facility Report
During 2017 Q4:
- During Q4, there was no change to the stock of gilts held in the APF.
- No corporate bond purchases took place during the quarter.
- During 2017 Q4, nominal gilt yields fell on average, by around 13 basis points
- Sterling investment-grade non-financial corporate bond spreads were little changed in 2017 Q4
- Gross issuance of corporate bonds by UK private non-financial corporations (PNFCs) in 2017 Q4 was higher than in 2016 Q4 and higher than the 2003–08 Q4 average