Key points from the 2018 Q2 Asset Purchase Facility report
During 2018 Q2:
- No corporate bond purchases took place during the quarter.
- The Term Funding Scheme closed to new drawings on 28 February 2018. The stock fell by £0.56 billion during the quarter, bringing the total to £126.461 billion.
- During Q2 the APF made £9.76 billion of gilt purchases.
- During 2018 Q2, shorter-term nominal gilt yields fell, while longer-term nominal gilt yields rose
- Sterling investment-grade non-financial corporate bond spreads widened marginally over 2018 Q2
- Gross issuance of corporate bonds by UK private non-financial corporations (PNFCs) in 2018 Q2 was higher than in 2017 Q2 and higher than the 2003–08 Q2 average