Key points from the 2018 Q4 Asset Purchase Facility report
During 2018 Q4:
- No corporate bond purchases took place during the quarter.
- Total lending by the Term Funding Scheme, which closed to new drawings on 28 February 2018, fell by £5.005 billion during 2018 Q4, ending the quarter at £121.443 billion.
- There were no gilt purchases made during Q4.
- During 2018 Q4, nominal gilt yields fell on average by around 15 basis points.
- Sterling investment-grade non-financial corporate bond spreads widened by 13 basis points on average over 2018 Q4.
- Gross issuance of corporate bonds by UK private non-financial corporations in 2018 Q4 was lower than in 2017 Q4.