Call for papers
We invite theoretical and applied submissions on (macro and micro) prudential regulations and their interactions with the real economy. Submissions related to the following topics are especially encouraged:
- Macroprudential policy and bank lending in times of crisis
- Capital buffer interaction and complexity of the regulatory capital framework
- Impact of prudential policies on economic growth and international competitiveness
- The appropriate regulatory perimeter for non-banks
- Effects of insurance regulation on asset allocation, cost of finance and supply of insurance
- Risks facing banks and non-banks in an high interest rate environment
- Risks to the financial system from leverage of the corporate sector
- Systemic risk and contagion channels (including run risk and risk from small banks) in the era of financial innovation and digital transformation
- Transmission of shocks from the financial system to the real economy, especially through market-based finance
- Spillovers between financial centres and the real economy
The conference will be held in London on the 26 and 27 of February 2024 as an in-person event. We have a limited budget to cover accommodation and economy-class travel for speakers.
The deadline for submission is 17 November, 2023. Full papers should be submitted to BearConference@bankofengland.co.uk. Authors of successful submissions will be notified by mid December 2023.
Organising committee: Marco Bardoscia, David Humphry, Jagdish Tripathy, Neeltje van Horen and Quynh-Anh Vo.
Call for papers