Date released: 17 July 2015
The charities which received donations from the Bank’s charity schemes from 1 March 2014 to 28 February 2015.
List of charity donations
The Bank of England has an employee focussed programme concentrating on making donations to organisations where Bank employees volunteer.
- Staff Volunteering Award Scheme – employees may apply for an award towards their fundraising and/or the time they spend working as volunteers in the community.
- Agents – the 12 Bank Agencies each have a budget of £5,000 to make donations to charities in their local area.
- Staff Charities of the Year – employees nominate two charities they would like to see benefit from employee fundraising. The Bank matches up to £35,000 through the fundraising year, which runs from 4 November to 3 November.
- Payroll Giving – The Bank will match the value of donations given by employees via the Payroll Giving Scheme up to £40,000.
- Court Awards – Recognises at the highest level in the Bank the substantial commitment made by employees to community projects.
- Membership Donations and Subscriptions – Donations are made to charitable organisations where the Bank has formed a relationship. For example the Bank works closely with Tower Hamlets Education Business Partnership who provides volunteering opportunities for Bank employees.