Why was there a graveyard inside the Bank of England?
The Bank of England moved to its current site on Threadneedle Street in 1734. We quickly outgrew our first building so to expand further we bought a church that was situated next-door.
The church was deconsecrated and demolished, but its graveyard was left in place. This later became our Garden Court.