We have a statutory duty to maintain effective arrangements to consult practitioners and consider their representations. The panel will consider our policies and practices and provide input to the Prudential Regulation Committee to help it meet its statutory and operational objectives.
The panel is required under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000.
The panel membership is representative of PRA approved persons. Members have been nominated by trade associations, with the composition being broadly representative of how the PRA allocates its resources. Members are independent of the firm and trade association they are drawn from.
The panel meets approximately every eight weeks and its members serve a three-year term, which is renewable at our discretion. For future recruitment, we will consult the relevant trade association(s) to secure nominations for new members.
Practitioner Panel members
- Francesca McDonagh, Group Chief Executive, Bank of Ireland
- Nathan Bostock, Chief Executive Officer, Santander UK
- James Bardrick, UK Country Officer, Citibank
Association of British Insurers
- Richard Ward, Chairman, Brit Plc
- Tim Harris, Group Finance Director, Royal London
- Helen Pickford, Deputy UK CFO & UK Life CFO Zurich
Building Societies Association
- Victoria Stubbs, Chief Risk Officer, Cambridge Building Society
- Ashraf Piranie, Finance and Operations Director, West Bromwich Building Society
Investment Management Association
- Martin Gilbert, Chief Executive, Aberdeen Asset Management
Association of Foreign Banks
- Bill Smith, Managing Director & Head, EMEA, BMO Financial Group
- Mary-Anne Daly, Chief Executive, Cazenove Capital
Mainland UK Credit Unions
- Robert Kelly, NHS Credit Union
The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales/The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland
- Mark Rhys, Banking Partner, Deloitte