Update 15 April 2019
The PRA published ‘The PRA investigation referral criteria’ and ‘Regulatory investigations guide’ on The PRA’s statutory powers webpage.
Update 5 March 2019
This Statement of Policy (SoP) (available under ‘current version’ below) was updated following Policy Statement 6/19 Responses to Chapters 3-7 of CP24/18 ‘Occasional Consultation Paper’
Published on 1 April 2013
This Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) statement of policy publishes the final statements of policy on the PRA’s decision-making policy and procedure, as well as on aspects of its disciplinary and other enforcement powers and includes its:
- procedures regarding decisions that create an obligation to give a statutory notice;
- policy on the imposition and amount of penalties;
- policy on the imposition and period of suspensions or restrictions;
- policy on the settlement of cases involving enforcement action;
- policy on the publication of disciplinary and other enforcement actions; and
- policy regarding the conduct of certain interviews at the request of overseas regulators.
Published on 20 December 2012