Update 12 July 2018
SS9/15 was updated following publication of Policy Statement 17/18 ‘Solvency II: Group supervision’. Please note, the PRA has also published CP15/18 ‘Solvency II: Group own fund availability’ which sets out the PRA’s proposals to further amend SS9/15 for its expectations for assessments of the availability of own funds to cover the group solvency capital requirement.
This supervisory statement sets out the Prudential Regulation Authority’s (PRA’s) expectations in respect of the Solvency II groups provisions. The statement is addressed to UK Solvency II firms that are part of a group (and the Society of Lloyd’s as a mixed activity insurance holding company), and should be read alongside all relevant European legislation, the Group Supervision Part of the PRA Rulebook and the high-level expectations outlined in the PRA’s approach to insurance supervision.
- entities excluded from the scope of group supervision;
- choice of calculation method;
- group capital add-on;
- centralised risk management;
- single own risk and solvency assessment report;
- single solvency and financial condition report;
- responsibilities of the relevant insurance group undertaking; and
- supervision in the absence of third-country equivalence.
|Date of publication||Supervisory Statement||Update detail||Effective from|
|12 July 2018||Supervisory Statement UPDATE 9/15 - July 2018||Updated following PS 17/18 'Solvency II:Group supervision'||12 July 2018|
|20 March 2015||Supervisory Statement 9/15 - March 2015||Published following PS2/15 'Solvency II:A new regime for insurers'||Updated by 12 July 2018 version|