Published on 5 December 2018
Regulatory reporting: Responses to CP16/18 - PS30/18
This Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) Policy Statement (PS) contains final policy following Consultation Paper (CP)16/18 ‘Regulatory reporting: occasional consultation paper’. It contains:
- final rules (Appendix 1);
- updated Supervisory Statement (SS) 34/15 ‘Guidelines for completing regulatory reports’ (Appendix 2); and
- updated SS32/15 ‘Pillar 2 reporting, including instructions for completing data items FSA071 to FSA082, and PRA111’ (Appendix 3).
The rules and SSs also include updated templates and instructions. To assist the reader, a mapping table is included in Appendix 4, outlining templates and instructions contained in SS32/15 and in SS34/15. Specific changes to the RFB004 template are outlined in Appendix 5. The PRA received no responses to the consultation.
This PS is relevant to banks, building societies, PRA-designated investment firms, and dormant account fund operator(s).
Over the consultation period the PRA identified some additional minor changes to be made in relation to the proposals in the CP. The additional changes are set out in Chapter 1.
The PRA has made the changes to the PRA110 reporting instructions as proposed in CP16/18. However, the changes to the reporting level of consolidation in PRA110 rules are subject to the outcome of CP22/18 ‘Liquidity reporting: FSA047 and FSA048'.
The changes to the PRA Rulebook will take effect on Tuesday 1 January 2019. Appendix 4 summarises the effective dates for the templates and instructions included in the SSs.
Published on 23 July 2018
Regulatory reporting: occasional consultation paper - CP16/18
In this Consultation Paper (CP), the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) sets out proposals for minor regulatory reporting amendments.
This consultation is relevant to banks, building societies, PRA-designated investment firms, and dormant account fund operator(s). The proposals would result in changes to the Glossary, Regulatory Reporting, Reporting Pillar 2, and Close Links Parts of the PRA Rulebook (Appendix 1). It also proposes amendments to reporting templates and instructions. To assist the reader, a mapping table is included in Appendix 2, with the proposed amendments to templates and instructions contained in Supervisory Statement (SS) 32/15 ‘Pillar 2 reporting, including instructions for completing data items FSA071 to FSA082’ (Appendix 3), and in SS34/15 ‘Guidelines for completing regulatory reports’ (Appendix 4).
The following changes are proposed to PRA reporting requirements:
- discontinuation of Prudent Valuation Return PV001;
- changes to PRA reporting instructions to align with updated EBA requirements (RFB001, PRA110, and PRA101 – PRA103);
- amendments to Pillar 2 reporting templates and instructions to reflect their application to ring-fenced bodies (FSA071 – FSA082);
- amendments to ring-fencing reporting requirements (RFB001, RFB003, RFB004);
- deletion of reporting requirements for dormant account fund operators;
- alignment of ‘data item’ definitions in the PRA Rulebook;
- update of the notification form relating to reporting on an Accounting Reference Date basis; and
- correction of PRA110 rules.
Responses and next steps
This consultation closes on Tuesday 23 October 2018. The PRA invites feedback on the proposals set out in this consultation. Please address any comments or enquiries to CP16_18@bankofengland.co.uk.