In this speech David Rule, Executive Director of Insurance, sets out a number of live issues in our supervision of insurers.
- an update on progress towards a global Insurance Capital Standard
- the fledgling UK market for Insurance-Linked Securities and our new insurers unit
- underwriting and reserving in wholesale insurance and reinsurance markets
- capital management
- the sensitivity of the capital surpluses of UK life insurers to various market movements
- disclosure of sensitivities by insurers and the drivers of changes in their capital positions over time.