This statement of policy publishes the final statements of policy relating to the enforcement powers of the Bank of England. It contains an overview of the Bank’s investigatory and enforcement powers under the various statutory regimes for which it has regulatory responsibility. In relation to financial market infrastructures supervised by the Bank, it contains:
- policy on the imposition and amount of financial penalties;
- policy on prohibitions under section 312FA of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000;
- procedures on enforcement statutory notices, decision-making in uncontested cases, and settlement of enforcement cases;
- procedures on publishing information about enforcement statutory notices; and
- further procedures, including use of the Early Account Scheme and the conduct of interviews at the request of overseas regulators.
Published on 30 January 2024. Effective from 30 January 2024
Published on 1 April 2013. No longer effective (superseded by January 2024 version)