The statistics provide a breakdown of the balance sheet, income statement, membership and loans. The figures are reported at a UK level and split to show aggregated values for England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Key points from the 2016 annual data include:
- The number of firms has decreased over 2015 due to a number of mergers and non-submitters. These non-submitters account for about one percent of total assets
- The data shows a continuing trend of an increase in total assets
- There have been a couple of changes in the published data due to the introduction of a revised annual data collection template:
- Bank balances are now reported under Investments
- The value of loans made to members during year is no longer reported