- The outstanding value of all residential loans continued to increase in 2018 Q2 to £1,417.2 billion, 3.8% higher than a year ago (Q2 2017).
- Compared to the second quarter of last year, total gross advances increased by 6.4% to £66.7 billion. There was also a growth of 6.9% in gross advances from the first quarter of 2018.
- Re-mortgaging, as a proportion of new lending, has declined by 2.0 percentage points, compared to the previous quarter, and accounts for 30.8% of new lending, the total value of re-mortgaging lending was £20.5 billion in 2018 Q2.
- The value of new commitments was £73.2billion, an increase of 19.8% from Q1 2018.
- The share of buy-to-let (BTL) lending has declined since 2018 Q1, accounting for 13.1% of new lending.
Long run versions of the summary and detailed tables are now available in Excel format, for data going back to Q1 2007. These have been sourced from data published by the FSA on their archive pages prior to Q1 2013 and data published by the Bank of England from Q1 2013.
If you have any comments or queries about this release please email email@example.com.