The CBDC Engagement Forum looks at all aspects of a central bank digital currency apart from the technology it might use.
The forum helps us to understand the practical challenges of designing, implementing and operating a CBDC, which includes:
- how a currency will be used (‘use cases’)
- functional needs of users
- the role of the public and private sectors
- financial and digital inclusion
- data and privacy implications
The forum’s members are senior leaders from financial institutions, civil society groups and merchants, among others. We chose them by an open application process (the window for that has now closed).
We chair this forum jointly with HM Treasury.