During 2010 Q3:
- As at 30 September 2010, assets outstanding totalled £200 billion.
- The curve of nominal gilt yields flattened somewhat during 2010 Q3, with rates at medium to long-term maturities around 40 basis points lower than at the end of 2010 Q2.
- Overnight index swap (OIS) rates fell by slightly less than gilt yields, and, as a result, gilt-OIS spreads narrowed by around 15 basis points.
- A significant amount of the gilts purchased via the Facility continue to be made available for on-lending to the market through the gilt lending arrangement with the DMO.
- The average daily aggregate value of gilts lent by the Asset Purchase Facility to the DMO during the three months to 30 September 2010 was £279 million, less than the £2.1 billion lent on average during the previous quarter.