During 2013 Q2:
- As of 27 June 2013 cumulative assets purchased net of sales and redemptions totalled £375 billion.
- Nominal gilt yields rose over 2013 Q2, by an average of around 50 basis points across the yield curve. This increase in part reflected a rise in sovereign bond yields across a number of developed countries.
- A significant amount of the gilts purchased via the Facility continue to be made available for on-lending to the market through the gilt lending arrangement with the DMO.
- The average daily aggregate value of gilts lent by the APF to the DMO during the three months to 30 June 2013 was £0.5 billion.
- Sterling investment-grade non-financial corporate bond spreads narrowed slightly over 2013 Q2, with an initial fall in spreads being partially offset later in the quarter.
- Gross issuance of corporate bonds in 2013 Q2 was relatively strong. The amount was lower than in 2012 Q2, but higher than in previous years. C