About the workshop
Date: 3 December 2020
The International Directorate of the Bank of England and the International Macroeconomics Division of the Banque de France are organizing a joint workshop on 3 December 2020 on “Micro and macro in international finance”. Liliana Varela (LSE) has accepted to give the keynote lecture.
While the workshop is planned to take place in London at the Bank of England, the presumption is that the workshop will take place virtually due to the current health crisis.
We invite theoretical and empirical research covering any aspect of international finance, but with particular emphasis on the use of micro data to answer macro questions.
Topics of special interest include (but are not restricted to):
- Bank vs non-bank finance
- Firm balance sheet channels
- Capital flows and misallocation
- Foreign exchange exposure and hedging
- Heterogeneous effects of capital flows on investment
- The effects of Covid on firms’ funding needs
- The effects of Covid on international credit supply
- Capital flows, asset prices and macroeconomic dynamics
The deadline for submitting a paper is September 30 to the following email address: BoEBdF2020@gmail.com
Organisers: Ambrogio Cesa-Bianchi (BoE), Fernando Eguren-Martin (BoE), Sevim Kosem (BoE), Julia Schmidt (BdF).